William Dull was born on May 20 or 25, 1825 in Somerset County, PA, the son of George and Christina (Younkin) Dull.
He married Margaret Flick (1831-1889), and she gave birth to her first child at the age of 17.
The couple produced a family of these 10 known children -- Sabina C. Dull, Mary Emily "Emma" Critchfield, Lydia Ankeny, George McClellan Dull, Edwin Elijah Dull, William K. Dull, Belinda Dull, Sarah Dull, Mary Dull and Saloma Dull.
The U.S. census of 1850 lists the Dulls as living Milford Township, Somerset County, residing next to William's parents and with William earning a living as a laborer. They were lifelong members of the New Centerville Lutheran Church.
When the census again was taken in 1870, the family and their six children dwelled together on their farm in Milford, with William's widowed, 74-year-old mother living next door.
Sadly Margaret passed away on Sept. 5, 1889 at the age of 59. The cause of her untimely passing is not yet known.
William survived his wife by 19 years. He was named one of three Directors of the Poor -- along with Harrison Gohn and L.C. Colborn -- of the Somerset County Home, otherwise known as the "House of Employment of Somerset County." The facility included residences as well as a farm on which inmates worked to earn wages.
In his final year, 1897, William and his fellow directors prepared an annual report to the judges of Somerset County, reprinted in the Somerset Herald. The report noted that an average of 76 adults and children lived at the Home during the year, some of whom were considered "insane." Several of the children were placed in private families. In the report, the directors wrote:
The office of Director of the Poor is one of the most responsible of any in the county. As well as being an honorable one, it is an office that requires a wise judgment and brings out the noblest promptings of the heart. It calls on one to decide the difference between giving and charity, between truth and error, and judge of the capacity of one by the surroundings. It is not always charity to give, or be moved by the tale of woes and stories of wrongs sympathetically related; yet, withal, have a heart that can be "touched by the feeling of another's infirmities," and whose tenderest sympathy is enlisted to all deserving and honest poor. The Directors of the Poor are the dispensers of the county's charity, having both the keys of office and the office. To us the law commits the care, well-being and happiness of our unfortunate, aged and inform poor, those whose condition must excite your sympathy on every visit you make to the home, those to whom "pity gave ere charity began." To us is also committed the distribution and use of the funds so generously provided by the laws of the Commonwealth to the greatest advantage of those whose comfort, health and happiness the law makes it our especial duty to provide. We are aware that it is expected that the Director of the Poor should have "a tear for pity and a hand open as day for meeting charity," and it is also expected that he should keep an eagle eye upon every department of the institution to detect and prevent extravagance and waste.... We do not claim perfection, nor do we think the Home has reached the standard that the citizens desire it should have, yet we can say without boasting that the Poor Home of Somerset County, and the inmates thereof, are better kept, more comforts with less expense, in proportion to the number of inmates, than any other in the State.
In his latter years, William's home was in Rockwood, Somerset County, in the home of his married daughter Emma Critchfield.
Suffering from hardening of the arteries, and complicated by cancer of the lower lip, he went to visit his son Edwin right after the new year in 1908. There, he died on Jan. 8, 1908 at the age of 82. Burial was in the New Centerville Lutheran Church Cemetery, with Rev. D.S. Weimer of the Lutheran church of New Centerville officiating. E.E. Dull provided details for his death certificate. An obituary in a local newspaper said that at the time of death, he was "one of the Milford township's oldest and most respected citizens." [Find-a-Grave]
~ Daughter Sabina C. Dull ~
Daughter Sabina C. Dull (1850- ? ) was born in about 1850 in Milford Township, Somerset County.
At the age of 20, in 1870, she lived at home with her parents in Milford.
Her fate after that time is unknown.
~ Daughter Mary Emily "Emma" (Dull) Critchfield ~
Daughter Mary Emily "Emma" Dull (1853-1936) was born on Nov. 9, 1853.
She was united in holy matrimony with Milton Walter Critchfield (Feb. 21, 1855-1924), son of Samuel and Sarah Jane (Walter) Critchfield. The farm where Milton had been born, in Milford Township, was owned circa 1923 by the Hon. Morris W. Speicher.
The pair bore these seven known offspring -- Frank H. Critchfield Sr., Anna Saylor, Carrie Laus, James "Albert" Critchfield, William "Guy" Critchfield, Paul M. Critchfield and Daniel Z. Critchfield.
They were longtime farmers. Shortly after the birth of their third child, in December 1879, the family pulled up stakes and migrated to Illinois. There, as shown in the federal census enumeration of 1880, they lived on a farm in Lee, Dixon County, with Milton earning a living providing farm labor. They also spent time in Iowa before migrating back to Somerset County in 1884.
Samuel continued farming until 1909, when he received a serious injury on the farm while cutting brush. "While swinging an ax," said the Meyersdale Republican, "the steel part of the implement flew from the handle, strikign Mr. Critchfield in the region of the stomach and inflicting injuries..." The article erroneously reported that he had died, but in fact he survived. Not long afterward, giving up his manual labor, he was named as a road foreman by the Pennsylvania Department of Highways, a position which he carried for the balance of his life.
Milton was diagnosed with cancer of the bladder, said to have been "superinduce by injuries he had received in his earlier life time," reported the Meyersdale Republican. He underwent radium treatment at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, He died from the effects of the illness at the age of 69 on April 10, 1923. Interment was in the Lutheran Cemetery in New Centerville, with Rev. Koser officiating. His surviving siblings included Charles Critchfield of Rockoow, Samuel Critchfield of Jenners, Albert Critchfield of Confluence, Mrs. George Critchfield of Black Township and Margaret Rush of Ursina and half-siblings Harry Critchfield of West Virginia, Earl Critchfield of Ursina and Mrs. Joseph Collins of Confluence.
Emma survived for another 13 years. Circa 1936, she appears to have spent time in the various homes of her children. One was in Shade Township, Somerset County.
Suffering from chronic kidney failure, Emma died at the age of 82 in the home of her daughter Mrs. E.K. Laus on June 6, 1936. Burial was in the Union Cemetery in New Centerville. An obituary in the Somerset Daily American reported that "She had been ill for some time" and that she was survived by 20 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Son Frank H. Critchfield Sr. (1875-1973) was born in 1875 in Somerset County. He moved to Illinois with his parents and was there in 1880, although they eventually moved back to Somerset County. Said the Somerset Daily American, "He spent his early schooll years in a one room school house on the Old Mud Pike, now the Water Level road." Frank was married and the father of Merrell Critchfield, Orlo Critchfield and Dr. Frank H. Critchfield Jr. The Critchfields established a home in Glassport near McKeesport. There, Frank was employed for 25 years as an engineer with the New York Central Railroad. Later, he went to work for Copperweld Steel and retired from the company. When he visited family and friends in Somerset in October 1955, he was featured in a story in the Daily American. He died at the age of 97, in Florence, AL, on Aug. 28, 1973.
Daughter Anna Critchfield ( ? - ? ) was born in (?). She married Harvey P. Saylor (Sept. 17, 1879-1958), son of Herman and Mary Elizabeth (Tilp) Saylor of Summit Township. The Saylors dwelled in Rockwood and were lifelong farmers. They produced two children, Dr. Charles F. Saylor and Gertrude Jones. The couple belonged to the Messiah Lutheran Church of New Centerville, with Harvey holding a directorship of the Farmers Union Mutual Association and the Fire Insurance Company of Berlin. At the age of 78, admitted to Somerset Community Hospital, Harvey succumbed to death on July 29, 1958. The Meyersdale Republican ran an obituary.
Daughter Carrie Critchfield (1879- ? ) was born in Dec. 1879 in Pennsylvania. She wedded Edward K. Laus ( ? - ? ). They lived in New Centerville.
Son James "Albert" Critchfield (1881-1949) was born in Nov. 1881. He was united in matrimony with Susan Pyle ( ? - ? ). The couple's three sons were Donald A. Critchfield, Robert Critchfield and James Critchfield. He made a home in Somerset. For 33 years, he earned a living as a building contractor. At first he was a partner in the firm Lawrence and Critchfield. Said the Meyersdale Republican, "One of the first public buildings the firm erected was the Connellsville high school." After 13 years in the partnership, he formed his own business in 1920. This second venture was involved in erecting the Calvary Methodist Church in Somerset as well as the high schools of Somerset, Stonycreek Township, Hooversville and Somerset Township. He was active in the civic life of the community and belonged to the Somerset Lions Club and Masons and the Jaffa Temple of Altoona. The family were members of Trinity Lutheran Church of Somerset. He passed into eternity at the age of 67 on Aug. 8, 1949. Dr. I. Hess Wagner officiated at the funeral service, followed by interment in Somerset County Memorial Park. His obituary was printed in the Republican.
Son William "Guy" Critchfield (1887-1960) was born on Feb. 23, 1887. He was joined in wedlock with Jennie Auman ( ? - ? ). Their two children were Clyde E. Critchfield and Mrs. Jack Estep. They resided in Glade, Somerset County in 1923 and in the mid-1930s-1960 in Somerset at 436 West Union Street. Guy was a merchant and considered "a prominent Somerset businessman." He was active in the community as a charter member of the Somerset Lions Club and membership in the Somerset Lodge of the Masons and Jaffa Shrine of Altoona. The family worshipped at Trinity Lutheran Church. Sadly, suffering from hardening of the arteries and heart disease, Guy died in Somerset Community Hospital at the age of 73 on Aug. 9, 1960. Following funeral services led by Rev. D. I. Hess Wagner, interment was in Husband Cemetery.
Son Paul M. Critchfield (1891-1972) was born on Aug. 24, 1891. He served in the U.S. Army during World War I. Paul married Binnie Auman ( ? - ? ). The pair bore six known children -- Kenneth Critchfield, Dorothy Tice, Mary Jane Kirchner, Pauline Schiesser, Ruth Baker and Donna Gillikin. The Critchfields lived in Meyersdale in the 1930s. By 1960, he had moved to Baltimore, MD. At the age of 80, Paul was carried away by the Angel of Death in Perry Point Veterans Hospital in Maryland on Feb. 7, 1972. The Meyersdale Republican published an obituary.
Son Daniel Z. Critchfield Jr. (1894-1970) was born on May 15, 1894 in Rockwood. He wedded Effie Marker ( ? - ? ). The couple's sons were Marker Critchfield, William Critchfield and Daniel Z. Critchfield Jr. He established a residence in Meyersdale, where "for years [he was] active in the business and civic life of the community," said the Meyersdale Republican. "At one time, he owned the Ford Agency on Main Street in Meyersdale but disposed of it in 1930. Later, he opened a used car lot on Beachley Street and operated it until his death. he served three four-year terms as a member of Meyersdale Borough Council and one term oas president of the Meyersdale Volunteer Fire Department. He was active in the fire department for many years." He was president of the Laurel Falls Association and belonged to the Meyersdale Order of the Moose and Meyersdale Sportsmen's Association. They were members of the Meyersdale Zion Lutheran Church. Daniel passed into eternity at the age of 75, on April 23, 1970, as a patient in Lee Hospital in nearby Johnstown, Cambria County. Interment was in the Odd Fellows Cemetery in Rockwood. The family asked in an obituary that any memorial donations be made to the Meyersdale Library.
~ Daughter Lydia Margaret (Dull) Ankeny ~
Daughter Lydia Margaret Dull (1858-1949) was born on May 5, 1858 in Somerset County.
In about 1880, when she was 21 years of age, she wed 26-year-old William S. Ankeny (1854-1942). He was the son of Henry and Mary (Cunningham) Ankeny.
They produced four children -- Grace Wilt, Edward Ankeny, Goldie Edwards and Harry Ankeny.
In 1900-1942, their home was in Milford Township, where they earned a living as farmers and were "well known," said the Meyersdale Republican. The federal census enumeration of 1900 shows that 24-year-old coal miner Frank Critchfield boarded under their roof.
Suffering from "general paralysis," William died at home at the age of 88 on Nov. 28, 1942. Funeral services were held in the Ankeny residence, officiated by Rev. H.G. Hohman of the Lutheran Church in Rockwood. His remains were taken to Johnstown for interment in Grandview Cemetery. An obituary appeared in the Republican, and son Harry signed the certificate of death.
Lydia lived for another seven years after her husband's death. At the age of 90, she fell off a chair and fractured her left hip, and died several weeks later on Feb. 12, 1949. Burial was with her husband in Johnstown.
Daughter Grace Anna Ankeny (1880-1949) was born on May 27, 1880. She married George C. Wilt (1878- ? ). They apparently did not reproduce. In about 1916, the couple established a home in Youngstown, Mahoning County, OH, and remained there for the rest of their lives. The 1920 federal census shows George working as a "stationery engineer." He died first, but the details are not yet known. Grace's final address was 27 Shadyside Drive in Boardman Township on the outskirts of Youngstown. She suffered an acute heart attack and died instantly on Feb. 24, 1949 at the age of 68. Mrs. Fern Holzhausen signed the Ohio death certificate. She was placed into eternal repose in Forest Lawn Cemetery in Youngstown.
Son Edward C. Ankeny (1885-1970) was born in April 1885. On July 2, 1910, with Rev. C.C. Binghan officiating, Edward was united in marriage with Hattie Johnson (May 30, 1888-1985), daughter of John Johnson of Scullton. No children were born to this union. Initially, the pair lived in Ralphton, PA before moving to Murdock, PA. Over the years, Edward found employment as a coal miner and also labored as a farmer. In 1942, their home was in the rural outskirts of Somerset. Then in 1946, they relocated into Rockwood. The Ankenys were longtime members of the Christ United Methodist Church of Rockwood. The couple marked their golden wedding anniversary on July 2, 1960, and a related article was printed in the Somerset Daily American. Edward's brother Harry and family helped the couple to celebrate the happy day. Edward passed away on May 8, 1970. Hattie lived for another 15 years in widowhood. Death carried her away at the age of 96, while residing in Henry Clay Villa in Markleysburg, on May 2, 1985. Burial of the remains was in the Rockwood IOOF Cemetery, with the funeral officiated by Rev. Donald Krestar. An obituary was published in the Daily American.
Daughter Goldie Ankeny (1887-1937) was born on Aug. 12, 1887 in Somerset County. In 1910, at the age of 22, she worked as a servant in the home of Albert L. and Emma B. Hay in Somerset. At age 27, on Feb. 4, 1915, she was united in wedlock with 26-year-old Frederick Neville Edwards (1888-1926) of Johnstown, Cambria County, and the son of Jonathan D. and Margaret "Maggie" (Hoover) Edwards. The ceremony took place in Johnstown by the hand of Rev. H.S. Rhoads. At the time of marriage, Fred was divorced and worked as an inspector in Johnstown. The couple made their home in Ferndale, Cambria County, with an address of 543 Ferndale Avenue. There, Frederick was employed as a crane man in the mill of Bethlehem Steel Company in Johnstown. But Fred suffered from acute heart disease caused by insufficiency of his heart valves, and died at age 38 on Sept. 23, 1926. Interment was in the famed Grandview Cemetery in Johnstown, with Arthur Edwards of the home signing the death certificate. As a widow, Goldie returned to Somerset County where she resided in Milford Township and was employed as a matron in the Somerset County Children's Home, continuing the public welfare work begun by her grandfather. She served in this role for nine years. Tragically, she contracted a deadly case of pneumonia in early October 1937. She was rushed to the hospital and placed within an oxygen tent, but nothig could be done to save her life. She succumbed after four days on Oct. 10, 1937, at the age of 50. Burial was in Johnstown's Grandview Cemetery, and Goldie's brother was the informant for the Pennsylvania certificate of death. An obituary in the Somerset Daily American said that "Children who are wards of the Children's Aid Society and all connected with the operations of the grou, today are mourning the passing of Mrs. Goldie Ankeny Edwards... A widow with no children of her own, Mrs. Edwards had been matron of the Aid Home since 1928, and in nine years had become a real mother to the homeless waifs who live there... She had often expressed a wish to be buried [in Johnstown] with her husband who died some years ago."
Son Harry P. Ankeny (1891-1967) was born on Jan. 24, 1891. His surname often was misspelled as "Ankney." He and his first wife ( ? - ? ) produced three sons, Fred Ankeny, George Ankeny and Harold Ankeny. Harry earned a living for many years as a coal miner. In 1942, their home was in R.D. 1, Somerset, where they remained for good. Later, he wedded widow Mary M. (Blough) Hamer (Dec. 16, 1895-1977). Sadly, Harry was felled by a heart attack on April 10, 1967, at the age of 76, while a patient at Somerset Community Hospital. His remains were interred in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Milford Township, and a short obituary was printed in the Somerset Daily American. Mary outlived her second spouse by a decade. She died at the age of 81, in the Somerset hospital, on April 1, 1977.
~ Son George Brinton McClellan Dull ~
Son George Brinton McClellan Dull (1862-1936) was born on April 27, 1862 in Milford Township, Somerset County. He was named after the popular Civil War general for the Union Army.
In about 1894, at the age of 32, he was united in holy matrimony with a 22-year-old double cousin, Elizabeth Schrock (1873-1935), whose birthdate was May 2, 1873. It was a first marriage for both. Elizabeth was the daughter of Perry and Christianna (Dumbauld) Schrock -- he of the family of Susanna (Younkin) Schrock and she a descendant of Elizabeth (Dull) Dumbauld.
They produced two children, Perry W. Dull and Margaret C. Mickey.
The Dull family made their residence in 1908-1911 on a farm in Milford Township and in Somerset during the 1920s and '30s, at 3660 West Patriot Street.
Suffering from heart disease, she died on Sept. 26, 1935, at the age of 62. Interment was in the Kingwood Cemetery. [Find-a-Grave]
George only lived another eight months after his wife's passing. Ailed by heart failure, he died at age 74 on May 13, 1936. Son Perry signed the death certificate.
Son Perry William Dull (1899-1938) was born on April 4, 1899 and apparently named for his maternal grandfather. He was a longtime farmer, beginning the occupation in about 1926, when he was 27 years of age. He married Elva Leona Henry (1899-1995). They lived in rural Somerset and had these children: William Dull, Jack E. Dull, Marjorie Dull, Betty Ann Dull and Doris Elaine Dull. Suffering from malignant hypertension, Perry died in Somerset Community Hospital at age 39 on Oct. 10, 1938. Burial was in Kingwood. Later that year, on Dec. 20, 1938, his obituary was republished in the Younkin Family News Bulletin. The YFNB news item mistook the name of Perry's father as "William" instead of "George."
Daughter Margaret C. Dull (1906-2000) was born on May 17, 1906 in Milford Township. She was married to Ray Robert Mickey (1896-1966), the son of Daniel and Minnie (Wilson) Mickey of Casselman, Somerset County. Ray was a veteran of World War I. They made their home in Somerset. Their two known children were Betsy "Jane" Mickey and Dr. Dean D. Mickey. Sadly, daughter Jane was stillborn on Feb. 18, 1931. Physicians could not identify a cause, but noted that the baby was eight and a half months in the womb. The baby's tender remains were placed into repose in the Kingwood IOOF Cemetery. The Mickeys were longtime members of the New Centerville Church of God, with Margaret also belonging to the First Christian Church of Somerset. Margaret was a teacher in the Somerset Area Schools and a member of the Rebekah Auxiliary of the Odd Fellows Lodge in Somerset and of the Trinity Chapter 138 of the Order of the Eastern Star. Ray was employed as a letter carrier by the U.S. Post Office, a position from which he retired, and he was a member of the Masons. In their later years, the Mickeys enjoyed spending their winters in Bradenton, FL. Ray passed into eternity in Bradenton at the age of 69 on Feb. 20, 1966. His remains were returned to Pennsylvania, where funeral services were held in a local funeral home with Rev. Stanley Darrah and Rev. Paul Weber officiating. Margaret survived her husband as a widow for 34 years. Just five days before her 94th birthday, Margaret died in Somerset Hospital on May 12, 2000. She was laid to rest in Somerset County Memorial Park, with Rev. Daniel Nicksich preaching the funeral sermon. The Somerset Daily American published an obituary.
~ Son Edwin Elijah Dull ~
Son Edwin Elijah "E.E." Dull (1865-1952) was born on April 15, 1865.
As a young man, Edwin was a farmer near Rockwood in Milford Township, Somerset County.
At the age of 23, on March 10, 1889, Edwin married 22-year-old Jennie Catherine Will (1866-1952), daughter of Albert G. and Elizabeth "Lizzie" (Wolfensberger) Will of Milford Township. The nuptials took place at the Will residence, officiated by Rev. John H. Zinn.
Their three children were Dr. James "Earl" Dull, Florence Elizabeth Musser and Blaine Dull. Sadly, Blaine is believed to have died young..
The Dulls lived on Main Street in Rockwood, where Edwin was a merchant, operating a general store. Their home was next door to the United Brethren Church. On Easter 1903, Edwin made a $6 donation to the Children's Easter Church Extension Day Offering, and his name was published in a list of donors in The Lutheran Observer (April 24, 1903).
Edwin was named in a May 1909 letter written by William H. Welfley to Rev. E.C. Weyand in regard to the Putnam family genealogy. In the letter, Welfley erroneously suggests that Edwin's father was Rufus H. Dull of Glade, Somerset County, but then adds, "but I may be wrong as to that."
Jennie was mentioned in a profile of her father in the 1899 book Biographical Review Containing Life Sketches of Leading Citizens of Somerset and Bedford Counties, Pennsylvania, produced by the Biographical Review Publishing Company in Boston. Her reference also contains a slight error, giving her middle initial as "B." instead of "C."
In about 1922, they retired and moved into the town of Somerset, with their residence at 261 East Patriot Street. The 1930 federal census lists his occupation as "laborer - odd jobs."
Sadly, Jennie died of heart problems at the age of 85 on Jan. 5, 1952, in Somerset Community Hospital. Burial was in the IOOF Cemetery in Rockwood.
Edwin only lived for 10 more months. At the age of 87, he suffered a heart attack and died at home on Oct. 24, 1952. Kathleen D. Musser of Somerset was the informant for his death certificate. Burial was in the IOOF Cemetery in Rockwood, with Rev. Dr. I. Hess Wagner officiating. An obituary in the Somerset Daily American noted that he was survived by seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Son James "Earl" Dull, M.D. (1890-1933) was born on March 14, 1890 in Rockwood. He was wedded to Edna D. Diehl ( ? -1971), daughter of Adam F. and Amanda (Purdue) Diehl of Bedford County. Their two sons were Dr. James Albert Dull and Joseph "Edwin" Dull. He became a surgeon, and Edna was a nurse, and they made their home on West Patriot Street in Somerset. Earl admitted his first patient to the new Somerset Community Hospital on Sept. 26, 1919. He was a member of the Rotary Club of Somerset. Tragically, Earl suffered from kidney disease and in March 1933 was stricken with an acute attack. Just nine days after his 43rd birthday, he succumbed and died on March 23, 1933. His remains were brought to Rockwood for interment in the Odd Fellows Cemetery. The following week, the Rotary Club paid tribute to Earl's memory, with his dear friend Dr. Fred B. Shaffer recalling how, "after fighting off ailments resulting from war service Dr. Dull was stricken with a kidney condition," reported the Somerset Daily American. As a widow, Edna continued to live in Somerset and advertised that she had first floor office rooms to rent. In the Oct. 9, 1952 edition of the Daily American, Edna was quoted offering her views on the high number of fatalities on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which had an exit at Somerset: "While we don't know the whole solution (these accidents many times are the result of running too close behind a truck, and then when the truck puts on its air brakes or slows up rapidly to shift gears buses and private motorists ram into the rear. Trucks should be forced to not drive over 50 mph, but often they are going 65 and 70 mph." Edna survived her husband by almost four decades. She was a member of the Somerset Registered Nurses Association, American Legion Auxiliary and Trinity Lutheran Church. She passed into eternity in Westmoreland County Hospital in Greensburg, PA on March 21, 1971. She was survived by four granddaughters, reported the Daily American. Rev. H. James Meyers led the funeral service, with burial in the Rockwood IOOF Cemetery.
Daughter Florence Elizabeth Dull (1893-1993) was born on March 17, 1893 in Rockwood. She was interested in pharmacy and in 1915 graduated from the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy. Then on Nov. 19, 1917, when she was age 24, and living at home in Rockwood, she married 25-year-old Henry "Everett" Musser (Aug. 10, 1892-1950), a native of Berlin, Somerset County and the son of Dr. Uriah and Ella Jane (Shaffer) Musser. Rev. Dr. John Erler officiated at the ceremony held in Rockwood. At the time of marriage, Everett was a clerk in Rockwood. Their five offspring were William Dull Musser, Doris Jean Stahly, James Harold Musser, Ellen Jane Frederickson and Louann "Ann" Shoben. They went on to establish Musser's Bakery in Somerset, where they remained as proprietors for years, and their address was on East Patriot Street. Heartache blanketed the family when Everett began suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis and, two years later, passed away on April 24, 1950. Florence survived him by 43 years. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church, American Legion Post 181 Auxiliary and Somerset Welfare League. As her health declined, she was admitted to Somerset Patriot Manor. There, she died at the age of 100 on Oct. 26, 1993. An obituary in the Somerset Daily American reported that her survivors included seven grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. Burial was in Husband Cemetery, with Rev. Robert L. Hoover officiating the funeral service.
~ Son William Dull Jr. ~
Son William Dull Jr. (1870- ? ) was born in about May 1870. He appears on the United States Census during the year of his birth, at the age of two months.
William is not known to have survived the decade of the 1870s as he does not appear in the federal census of 1880. More research on his life is underway.